I am under Multistore 10.0.25 version.
I need to make a slight modification in my notification.orderrefund.xml.config package but I am having a hard time figuring out on how to explicitly run this to test my changes.
Thanks a lot!
The easiest method is to test on a staged site. If you don't have one, you light be able to run it on your live site using a test order, just be ready to replace/remove the xml package again if it has failures.
Otherwise try working with me in the Help Desk, as I can often test a package for you here locally :-)
Never mind, I figured it out! My issue was about how to RUN it.
I did this (in case someone else run into the same issue):
1. I made a copy of the package in my skins xmlpackages folder and name it as custom.text.xml.config
2. Created an entry in the Topics table with the name "test"
3. Ran it from VS like this: http://localhost:52572/topic/test
4. When I was happy with the result I copied the code into notifications.orderrefund.xml.config
5. Deleted the test package from my skin folder
6. Deleted the entry from Topics table
Also, xml packages can actually be run explicitly on the site:
Thank you, Erik!