If you plan to create your own images to install into your new responsive template, you'll want to make sure they're the correct dimensions.
Website image dimensions are measured in pixels, represented by: width x height.
To find image dimensions for a particular image on a site, follow the steps below.
Depending on your operating system, and browser version/settings, these steps may vary slightly:
In Google Chrome
- Right click the image on the website and select Open image in new tab.
- The browser will open the Image URL in a new tab.
- The image dimensions will display in the tab title bar.
In Mozilla Firefox
- Right click the image on the website and select View Image.
- The browser will open the Image Url in a new tab.
- Hover over the title bar until you see the image dimensions pop up.
In Microsoft Internet Explorer / Edge
- Right click the image on the website and select Save Picture.
- Browse to a location on your computer to save the image file.
- Navigate to the location on your computer where the file was saved, right click the file and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, select the Details tab. Dimensions are shown in the Image section of the Details window.