Before you launch your upgrade, make sure you're ready! Below are a few things to consider before taking your new store live:
Act like a customer:
- Click on every link. (Particularly in the header, top navigation, and footer.)
- View your site on multiple devices.
- Test functionality.
- Place a test order.
For security purposes, the staging environment will remove any stored credit card information from your site. The C.O.D. payment method will be enabled, which will allow you to place a test order without having to make a payment through a live gateway account. When you go live, all of your payment gateway configuration and payment methods currently accepted on your live site will still be there.
Manage your store:
- Log into the admin console and familiarize yourself with the layout
- Review your most popular products and product groups on your homepage
- Place a test order to confirm your shipping options are correct
- Review the topics associated with your new template so you know how to apply changes after you're live
It's important to ensure that returning customers can find the items they're looking for, as well as check to see that your products are being displayed the way you want them to be.
Before we set a launch date, we'll be seeking your agreement that the site is complete, and go-live ready.
Use this checklist as a guide to test your store and make sure you're ready to launch.
Once you've tested your store & submitted your pre-launch checklist, we'll work with you to set a date/time to launch the new store.